I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
1. He initiated the cause for Elizabeth’s canonization
3. Elizabeth’s second daughter’s name who also died as an adolescent
6. Land was purchased for the establishment of a school for female education with Catholic roots by this wealthy seminarian (2 wds.)
7. Following her husband’s death, Elizabeth was introduced to Roman Catholicism by this family
10. They desired to start a religious education school in Maryland
12. It is back in America where Elizabeth professes her faith at this church: St. ________
15. Elizabeth’s close companion along her journey of faith
16. Elizabeth wrote this memoir for her sister-in-law Rebecca Seton full of her journey of inner conflict and conversion (3 wds.)
20. Elizabeth considered him her spiritual father (2 wds.)
22. Infirmary and other domestic services were initiated by Elizabeth at this college and seminary (3 wds.)
23. The greatest central love of Elizabeth’s life
24. The first free Catholic school in the US was opened here
2. The name of Elizabeth’s daughter who died at age 16, the first professed American Sister of Charity
4. Before moving to Emmitsburg, Elizabeth was school mistress here
5. The first name of the postulant and prototype of the American Sisters of Charity
8. The first bishop of Boston and one of Elizabeth’s spiritual advisors: John __________
9. Elizabeth sent sisters to establish the first catholic orphanage here
11. As a new Catholic Elizabeth met many roadblocks and failures because of anti-Catholic __________.
13. This former farmhouse was renovated for Elizabeth and her sisters in June 1809 (2 wds.)
14. Elizabeth’s confirmation name
17. Elizabeth’s age when married
18. Name of Elizabeth’s spiritual director who led her along the path to sanctity
19. Elizabeth founded and named her order the Sisters of Charity of St. _________
21. In a desperate hope to help her ill husband, Elizabeth took him along with their daughter to visit friends in this country
Want to make crossword puzzles?
Crossword Forge Live