I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
St. Louise de Marillac
1. The _____ of the Daughters of Charity is: "The charity of Christ crucified urges us."
6. Louise wrote very careful instructions to the Sisters who would work with the galley _____ at La Tournelle, a prison of deplorable conditions, beginning in 1640.
7. The first foreign mission of the Daughters of Charity was to _____.
8. Louise was ______ a saint by Pope Pius XI in 1934.
9. St. Vincent addressed Louise de Marillac in his writings to her as ______.
10. St. Vincent's relationship with Louise began as her _________ director at the request of Bishop Camus.
11. Abandoned infants, also known as ______, was one of the first works of the Daughters of Charity at La Chapelle.
12. Louise experienced a conversion experience or ________ on the feast of Pentecost in the Church of Saint Nicolas-des-Champs in 1623.
13. St. Louise's only son was named _______.
14. Louise was born out of _____, and considered by French society as illegitimate.
2. Louise married _______ Le Gras on February 5, 1613.
3. Louise worked closely with parish lay groups, comprised mostly of aristocratic women, and known as the _____ of Charity.
4. St. Louise was named the _______ of Social Workers by Pope John XXIII in 1960.
5. Louise wrote frequently about relying upon Divine ______ in her letters and conferences to the Daughters of Charity.
8. Sts. Louise and Vincent had difficulty in getting Church recognition of the Daughters of Charity because the community was non- _____________.
Want to make crossword puzzles?
Crossword Forge Live