- Recognized Jesus as being sent to evangelize the poor, and urged this as the motto for he and his followers.
- Saw Jesus at work and strove to imitate Him. Love must be both affective and effective.
- Would reflect and learn from his experience of imitating Christ.
- Recognized Christ in others, wanted to uphold their human dignity, and free persons from poverty and suffering.
- Saw Jesus as the source and model of all virtues.
- Knew that the imitation of Christ is not a theory but a way of life.
- Found God’s presence in times, events and people.