Elements of a Vincentian Family group (formulated by the National Vincentian Family Formation Committee of the US):
The Vincentian way of life is incarnational. It calls members to:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ, the source and model of all charity.
- Put on the mind and heart of Jesus Christ and proclaim the reign of God.
- Be available to go to the most vulnerable and to recognize the places of the marginalized as HOLY PLACES.
- Evangelize and be evangelized by those who live in poverty.
- See Jesus Christ crucified in all who suffer.
- A sense of community that supports us in our faith and service.
- Be rooted in the Gospel especially as it is proclaimed in Luke 4:1, 6-21;
Luke 9:1-6; Luke 10: 25-37; Matthew 25: 31-40.
- Trust in Providence.
- Be impelled by the love of Jesus Christ in all our relationships.
- Love affectively and effectively with compassion, respect and devotion.
- Serve in a spirit of humility, simplicity, and charity.
- Challenge, in the spirit of Catholic Social Teachings, social systems that oppress those living in poverty through advocacy efforts.
- Follow Mary as the model of discipleship and model of Vincentian spirituality.